Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hadhrat Sohaibs (Radhiyallaho anho) coming into Islam:

Hadhrat Sohaibs (Radhiyallaho anho) coming into Islam:

Hadhrat Sohaib and Hadhrat Ammaar (Radhiyallaho anhuma) became Muslims at the same time. The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) was staying at Arqam's (Radhiyallaho anho) place, when they both came separately with the same intention of embracing Islam and met each other at the door of the house. Sohaib (Radhiyallaho anho) also suffered very much at the hands of his persecutors, like other poor Muslims of that time. At last he decided to emigrate to Madinah. The Qureysh would not tolerate this and, soon after his departure, a party went in pursuit to bring him back to Mecca. As the party drew near, he shouted to them:
"You know that I am a better archer than all of you. So long as I have a single arrow left with me, you will not be able to approach me and, when I finish all my arrows, I shall fight you with my sword, as long as it is in my hand. If you like you can get my money which I have left in Mecca and my two women slaves, in lieu of me."
And they agreed. He told them the whereabouts of his money, and they allowed him to proceed to Madinah. At this, Allah revealed the following verse of the Qur'an to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam):

"And of mankind is he who would sell himself, seeking the pleasure of Allah, and Allah has compassion on His bondsmen."
The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) was at that time at Quba. When he saw Hadhrat Sohaib (Radhiyallaho anho) coming, he remarked:

"A good bargain, Sohaib!"
Sohaib (Radhiyallaho anho) narrates:
"The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) was eating dates at that time. I also joined him in eating. One of my eyes was sore." He said, "Sohaib! you are taking dates when your eye is sore." 'But I am taking them by the side of the other eye, which is not sore, 0, Prophet of Allah,' I replied. The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) was much amused with my retort."

Hadhrat Sohaib (Radhiyallaho anho) was very generous and he spent his money on others most lavishly. 'Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) once told him that he was rather extravagant. He replied: "But I spend only where it is right." When Hadhrat 'Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) was about to die, he expressed the wish that his funeral service be led by Hadhrat Sohaib (Radhiyallaho anho).

FAZA'IL-E-A'MAAL PART 1 - STORIES OF THE SAHAABAH 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Your Language

Subscribe via email