Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Going to the President's House

What would you do if you were invited to the President's House for a friendly visit? If I was invited, I would feel very special, as the President of the country has selected me to come over! I would let my relatives and friends know about this great news. I would wear the best clothes, the best perfumes and try to look my best. I would postpone all my other activities for later and cancel any plans that I might have had for that day. If I met any friends on the way, I would tell them where I was going. Overall, I would be very excited to visit the President's house.

On the other hand, the King of all kings, the Creator of all kings, the Owner of the heavens and the earths, Allah the All Mighty, invites us to His house (Masjid) everyday. But sadly, we are not excited at all to visit His house. If we had any plans, we would gladly carry them out and delay going to the Masjid. Moreover, if a friend meets on the way to the Masjid, we feel hesitant to say that we are going to pray. In fact, majority of the people decide to pay a visit to the Masjid only during the two Eid. That too gets cancelled if they have work or something else to do. We have learned to value the material things of this world; yet, we have not learned the Greatness of the One who created them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Your Language

Subscribe via email